Answered

sonos roam is horrible

Are there going to be any updates to the sonos roam. It’s horrible now. The Sonia’s move is intuitive.  It has separate button Bluetooth, network connection, resetting.  This has one button and it’s very confusing. I do not use the volume up or down, or the voice button at all.  I use my phone for all of that. Right now I want to simply set up another network on the sonos and it is ten minutes process. This is ridiculous. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 May 2022, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I literally don’t know how to simply add an additional network to this thing. This should be the most simple thing to do on a sonos. I have more than one network in house. How do I easily switch between internet networks? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Would this be of any help? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

I literally don’t know how to simply add an additional network to this thing. This should be the most simple thing to do on a sonos. I have more than one network in house. How do I easily switch between internet networks? 

To add a nearby WiFi network goto the Sonos App ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ and select ‘Update Networks’ and follow the onscreen instructions to add the desired network. Just ensure your controller App device is then switched/operating on the same network too.

To remove a network, see this LINK 

The Roam buttons may seem unfamiliar initially, but they do become familiar and very easy to use after several days of use. The rear power button has several functions such as:

• quick press - sleep/wake mode
  • long press - various Bluetooth modes pairing/switching
  • longer press - power off/on

The Play/Pause button is also multifunctional:

• quick press - play/pause
  • double press - skip forward
  • triple press - skip back
  • long press  - group/cycle-through other playing Sonos rooms
  • longer press - sound swap with nearby compatible speaker

I’m fairly sure I may have missed a few things, but that should ‘hopefully’ help to get you started.

See this support link too:

Get to know your Sonos Roam

If all else fails, read the instructions. 

In general I am a huge fan of Sonos but count me among those who are VERY disappointed with my Roam. I have had it for about a year and it is a constant battle to get it to connect via Bluetooth. I might suspect that this is related to my phone but I had the same problems with my previous phone. It is pretty much hit and miss as to whether the phone will connect to it, and you inevitably get caught in a loop, having to perform a series of reboots for both. I once called Sonos technical support - and here I might add that the tech was very helpful and enthusiastic - and it took the pro at the other end of the line 40 minutes to get it connected. Maybe I am being picky here, but it would be nice if the product actually worked. 

Now this second comment is really tangential to my core problem with my Roam, but in my view product quality is inversely related to the amount of documentation needed to use the product. Glancing at the very helpful posts I see above this post, I note that these are quite verbose, and even then there is residual ambiguity. I might also add that the power button itself, being perfectly flush with the body of the Roam and providing absolutely no tactile feedback, is what I can only describe as a user design disaster. 

My Dear Sonos, I love your gear, almost all of it works spectacularly, but as my late father-in-law used to say, “Even Magic Johnson throws the ball out of bounds once in a while”. I think you reached the 10th row with the Roam.