Answered

Sonos Roam / IKEA Livboj

• 27 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi - 

I’ve been using the above combination, and only have a few hours listening to the Roams as a stereo pair. The battery life has seemed pretty poor, but after leaving them overnight on the Livboj chargers starting at about 30% charge, this morning both were dead with no charge. The amber light was flashing, showing a charging fault. I’ve charged them for the past 4 hours on USB, and they’re now showing 49%. I’m resuming wireless charging which seems to be working for now.

The Livboj is rated at 5W, the same as the Sonos charger, and I’m using them with an IKEA Askstorm 40W charging brick. They are both sitting perfectly centred on the charging pad.

Has anyone had similar experiences or can anyone explain why they’re charging so slowly if at all? 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by James L. 28 April 2021, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @JulesBMK,

I was going to answer in the other thread you have open but I noticed this new one, so I’ll reply here. A 5W charger will certainly provide some level of power to Roam, however we recommend a minimum of 10W output from either a Qi or USB-C charger for optimal charging speed. Charging on anything lower than that will cause charge times to become much longer than they would in comparison to a higher rated charger. The 40W power brick here isn’t the issue, it’s just being bottlenecked by the 5W output from the Ikea Livboj.