Answered

Sonos Roam does not connect automatically to Bluetooth device

• 26 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to have the Sonos Roam connect to a paired Bluetooth device automatically upon turning it on? It seems to default to the Sonos system and switches to Bluetooth only if I press the back button for 2 seconds or explicitly connect to it on the phone

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 August 2021, 19:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not exactly what you are looking for perhaps, but once the Roam has been initially Bluetooth-paired with a mobile device - you can also connect back to the speaker by selecting it in the Bluetooth device list on the mobile device without touching any of the buttons on the speaker… just thought that may help.

Thank you for the reply Ken.

The Roam would need to be turned on though, no?

Regardless, what I’m trying to achieve is a behavior similar to my UE Wonderboom 2 where simply by turning on the speaker (1 press of a button) everything connects automatically and any on-going streaming transfers seamlessly.

Thank you for the reply Ken.

The Roam would need to be turned on though, no?

Regardless, what I’m trying to achieve is a behavior similar to my UE Wonderboom 2 where simply by turning on the speaker (1 press of a button) everything connects automatically and any on-going streaming transfers seamlessly.

Yes, when I power off the Roam completely, my iPhone shows it as ‘disconnected’ in it’s Bluetooth list after a few seconds, or so.

If I then power-on the Roam, by either it’s power button, or by placing it on its charger, it boots to my Home WiFi. To Bluetooth pair it again I don’t touch the speaker at all, I just tap on its device name in the Bluetooth list on my phone (I can also disconnect it from that same lis).

Throughout this though, even when the speaker is connected to Bluetooth, the speaker remains connected to WiFi and I can ‘Group’ it over WiFi with my other Sonos speakers around the home and play the Bluetooth streaming audio through those ‘other’ speakers too. The Roam is always connected to the WiFi when I’m at home, even whilst using Bluetooth.

Obviously it doesn’t do that when away from the Home, but I like that it uses both Bluetooth and WiFi at the same time.