Question

Sonos Refund

• 9 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am beyond angry with Sonos.  It has been circa 25 days since I have been waiting for a refund and I still have not received it.  This clearly is NOT an isolated issue based on forum posts here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/anyone-having-trouble-getting-a-refund-from-sonos-6807443

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/sonos-are-messing-me-around-with-a-refund-for-an-item-sent-back-under-the-100-day-guarantee-advice-needed-6809158

This is terrible customer service. 

I will NEVER buy another Sonos product again based on my recent experiences.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi WindiesWard, sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Both of those are from over a year ago and were fully resolved. Sometimes these things can take a little time for the banks to return funds, even after they’re released. I don’t know the specifics on your case, but I’ll check in to make sure it’s in the right hands to get it sorted out as quickly as possible.

Userlevel 1

Ryan S thanks for the response.  As much as it is appreciated, I don’t buy the excuse regarding banks and returning refunds.  Irrespective of whether the cases are over a year ago, it shows that there is an issue with Sonos’ processing of refunds.  I have sent yet another email to Sonos Support.  No refund within 48 hours, then I will seek legal advice.  This is unacceptable and is preventing me from purchasing an alternate item as my money is held with Sonos.  I have spent circa £4.5K on Sonos products and of late the experience has been found wanting!

Having worked for a Bank in the past, I can confirm that there is very often a delay when refunding money. I don’t have any particular Sonos knowledge, but in my bank, there was a lot of dragging of the feet when returning funds. But this was 25 years ago, so who knows.  You have every right to be angry, things obviously have gone awry in this case. I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction as quickly as possible.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Bruce.  Totally understand, I just find it very frustrating that it took minutes to process my payment but 25 days and counting to get a refund.  I definitely won’t be buying from Sonos again.  

Entirely up to you, certainly. My experience with Sonos has been the opposite of yours, I’ve never had an issue, but I also comprehend that sometimes there are errors in the process. In fact, much of my job as a producer is to evaluate and fix where and why failures occur. Being human, it’s impossible to keep mistakes from occurring, but my concentration is on figuring out why, and making sure it can’t happen to someone else. But it’s always the case that things can fall between the cracks. Finding and fixing those cracks is a challenge.

Doesn’t help you, unfortunately, since you’ve been the recipient of such a failure, but I hope that you can get it resolved quickly.

Not sure why a bank would be processing a refund. My CPA looks at any for my company and then authorizes the checks. That alone could take a few weeks pending her workload.