Sonos Recycling or Trade-In Program?

• 28 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Has Sonos yet created a way for long-time users to either recycle or trade-in in their old Sonos devices, i.e. ZP100's, for newer ones?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Not that I’m aware of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Craiglist or ebay seem to be the best recycle options I've found.
Excellent point. Used devices often go for almost as much as the original purchase price.

Based on what I’ve read.  I can drop off my old sonos device at any recyling center.  Do I need to provide a reciept of something to provide back to Sonos?

Based on what I’ve read.  I can drop off my old sonos device at any recyling center.  Do I need to provide a reciept of something to provide back to Sonos?

No.  Sonos is able to ‘brick’ the device remotely, so there is no chance that you continue to use the traded-in product.  They are trusting that you’ll recycle as conditioned in the agreement.

No.  Sonos is able to ‘brick’ the device remotely, so there is no chance that you continue to use the traded-in product.  They are trusting that you’ll recycle as conditioned in the agreement.

Thank you for your feedback.