Question

Sonos Randomly Disconnecting

• 26 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I have a Playbar, Sub, Play 5, Play 3 and two Sonos One's. A couple of times a day I lose connection to the entire system - the Sonos app tries to find the Sonos system but can't find anything. Sometimes if I wait a few minutes it will come back to life. Alternatively, if I try to use a different device (iPhone/iPad) - that device will detect the system straight away. Sometimes, I have to reboot my router altogether. I have Google Fiber and using the Google router.

I've submitted diagnostics so if someone could take a look, it'd be great: 141876953

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With that many Sonos devices - are you running Sonosnet (I would highly recommend). That takes Sonos traffic off your router wifi and also allows them all to communicate with each other vs. through router. It makes a huge difference in stability with a system like yours.
Hi Chris - I've never heard of Sonosnet so I doubt I'm running it 🙂. I just followed the instructions on the app to setup all the speakers. Is there a link you can send me which walkthrough setting up Sonosnet?
Standard and Boost Modes
Standard and Boost Modes

Thanks Bruce. Can you confirm if the 'boost speaker' has to be permanently connected to the router via ethernet cable, or does it just need to be connected for a few minutes while BOOST is being configured?
Userlevel 7
The Google fiber box is set to default to 5Ghz. Sonos prefers 2.4Ghz. You may have to switch it to Auto or name each band with a different SSID. Click the link for more info. If you are unable to do it contact Google Fiber and have them walk you through the process.

https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/4584198?hl=en&ref_topic=2430424

Cheers!
Boost mode requires the speaker (or BRiDGE or BOOST) to be permanently wired to the router. Otherwise, SonosNet doesn't exist.