Answered

Sonos question about Sonos One and Sonos SL's

• 15 June 2021
  • 2 replies

In the last year and a half I have bought the Sonos one (Alexa enabled) + 5 Sonos SL's and 2 weeks ago I bought the Sonos Sub Gen 3. I have it all grouped together as "everywhere". It really is awesome in my 2500 sq. Ft. Ranch style house. I have a question, it seems as though one of the speakers (the Sonos One) is not matching the volume of the rest of the group. What I mean is I use the Sonos App on my Note 20 and play exclusively music through Alexa and have the Sub linked to the Sonos One. I'm not sure why the Sliding gauge on all the speakers seem to be in "sync" w/ the exception of the Sonos One's output. Anyone have a "fix" Thanks in advance! & luv my Sonos'.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 June 2021, 04:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure Volume Limit is set to 100% on all speakers. You can also adjust the Volume Limit on the One so the volume slider is more comparable to the other speakers. Also, when all of your speakers are grouped together, you can still adjust each individual speaker independently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Personally, I move the group volume slider to 0 and leave it there for 2-3 seconds. This then aligns the volume of all devices within the group and you can then set a consistent volume across the group.

As an aside, I also use Hubitat to set the volume of all of my Sonos devices to the defaults I've defined for each device. ( I find that my Play:5 gen 2 needs a slightly higher default setting than my other devices.) This then removes any volume variances introduced during the previous day.