Sonos problems

• 19 October 2020
  • 1 reply

What has happened to sonos especially since S2 got released.  Both products keep dropping out or stop working altogether.  Hours spent reseting etc. Now I am reading that they recommend cables. I got sonos as there wifi technology was by far the best. Not any more. Would not recommend to any one now.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sure sounds like issues with your local network. I’m not experiencing any issues with S2 on my system, nor have I seen anything from Sonos recommending wiring all speakers with Ethernet cables. 

There’s not enough information about your system in the post to hazard a real guess, but a rather generic suggestion would be to check the wifi interference FAQ, as well perform a simple refresh of your Sonos system by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting your router. Might be worth checking the router for new software at the same time.

Once your router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. The reboot of both the router and the Sonos devices would likely help things.