Sonos - Please reconsider default EQ of Play 5

• 30 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies
After growing so fond of my play 1's for many years, it was hard to do a side by side comparisons against my second gen play 5's.

The articulate sounds out of the play 1 in the mid and tweeter (in my opinion) are far superior to that of the play 5's more set back and less bright sound. Then you add the bass, which I love, but even further dampens the uppers of the play 5. This can't be adjusted properly with just the Treble option or by reducing the bass. It needs to be adjusted by Sonos via software update.

If I'm not mistaken, they did the same thing to the play 1 a couple years after introduction.

The play 1 vocal clarity and instrument clarity is just superior in all aspects IMO. This is especially noticeable with Jazz and acoustic songs.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This is all very subjective but I could not disagree more. I find the 5 to be superior to the 1 in every way. I would like it left alone please.