Question

Sonos players keep stopping during songs

• 17 December 2018
  • 8 replies

Can anyone help, my Sonos 1 and 5 keep cutting out during a song or randomly at some point during an album (normally second song) I have contacted sky and had my WiFi bandwith changed to a different frequency as I heard that could cause an issue. This has only recently been an issue since I updated the app. Any help would be welcome.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, campbell146. What is the source of the audio you are listening to on Sonos? Is this from a streaming service like Spotify or is this from a local music library?
Hi Keith N, it only happens when it’s music from the library, when the radio is played or Amazon music for example there is no issues.
Keith probably will want to know where the local library is. For instance, if it's on an iOS device, they're tracking an issue already, but if it's on a computer, it would help him to know what kind of computer (or even an NAS).
Campbell146,

As Bruce mentions...

There's currently an issue that Sonos are investigating where playback directly from iOS devices is interrupted when there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices are active on the network and your iOS device goes into auto lock or goes to sleep.

You can disable AirPlay on any non-Sonos device on your network, or disable auto lock in the iOS settings menu under display and brightness to get the streaming going again.
I am having the same or very similar issue and I am not using Airplay. I am play from iPhone local to the phone device music music.
I am having the same or very similar issue and I am not using Airplay. I am play from iPhone local to the phone device music music.
You do not need to be using AirPlay here in this case, you either have to turn off those no Sonos 'AirPlay Beacons' on your local network or instead disable the lock screen on your iOS device, as described. Actually playing AirPlay streams from your device is not really relevant. See if disabling the lock-screen (temporary or otherwise) fixes the issue for you.
So in other words set auto-lock to never?
So in other words set auto-lock to never?Yes, see if that works for you.