Answered

Sonos Playbase not connecting to WIFI

• 3 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I have a TV surround setup, with a Playbase, 2 x Play:3, and a Sub, purchased last year and all of which initially (first few weeks) worked perfectly.

There now seems to be something wrong with the wifi connectivity in the Playbase. I tried setting up the system again twice from scratch, with the Playbase is no longer configurable over wifi - I had to resort to connecting it directly to my network via an ethernet cable.

Is there a fix for this issue?

I really don't want to run ethernet cables to the 2 x Play:3's and Sub as well

Regards
Mick
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 3 March 2019, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Tigermick11

There are several things you can try. My comments assume that Sonos just stopped connecting to Wi-Fi for no known apparent reason that you could discern.

1. Unplug your Sonos and disconnect any Ethernet cables.
2. Unplug all other Wi-Fi and Ethernet products.
3. If any baby monitors, security cameras or other Wi-Fi devices were recently added disconnect them
4. Unplug any access points or range extenders you may have added to your network.
5. Check your router for firmware updates by logging into it's admin page.
6. Make sure your iOS or Android device is up to date.
7. Delete the Sonos app and re-install it.
8. Make sure that your router is not broadcasting on the same channel as Sonos whose channels are 1, 6 and 11.
9. Attempt to setup your Sonos via Wi-Fi.
10. If all is good then bring your other Wi-Fi and Ethernet products back on line one at a time (all except access points or range extenders)

If the problem persists then run a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and call Sonos. There may be a defective network card in the Playbase or it just may require a factory reset. Let us know how things sort out.

Cheers!