sonos playbar won't connect anymore

I've been using my playbar for quite a period, and all of a sudden it is vanished from the controller app and the status light stays white. My play 3 and play 1 work perfectly fine and i've never had any problems with the playbar

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Jos,

sorry to see you are having trouble. Did you already try to reboot/power cycle your router?

This should clear it up if nothing else changed.

Hope this helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would say same as Bernard. Sounds like an ip conflict in router. Do you have a bridge n your system or a Sonos speaker hooked to router so that they are on sonosnet ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I would say same as Bernard. Sounds like an ip conflict in router. Do you have a bridge n your system or a Sonos speaker hooked to router so that they are on sonosnet ?
I agree it could be an IP conflict. Once you reboot the router were you able to connect to the PLAYBAR? Also if possible send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here is a FAQ showing how to submit a diagnostic.
Hi, same here. All of a sudden the Playbar won't connect anymore. My both play3's work fine. I reset my router, connected the bridge and the play3's without problems, but the playbar won't connect even we I unplug it for 30 seconds. I already sent a diagnostic report
Hi, exact same here, it was stable for years then since one year or more I have to reset everything's regularly because my playbar is not connected anymore and when it works again it is not for very long... very annoying ... what to do? ; I am using a bridge.
Many thanks for your help ! Hervé
Ps: my diagnostic number is 6798941
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi, exact same here, it was stable for years then since one year or more I have to reset everything's regularly because my playbar is not connected anymore and when it works again it is not for very long... very annoying ... what to do? ; I am using a bridge.
Many thanks for your help ! Hervé
Ps: my diagnostic number is 6798941

Hi, welcome to the community.

Sorry for the late reply. Were you able to resolve the problem? If not make sure the PLAYBAR isn't next to any WiFi devices.
If the problem continues please submit a diagnostic and contact us by phone.
I'm having a similar problem with Play 1's. I have two of them, they worked fine. After the update to S7 my kitchen play1 stopped working. I power cycled once which fixed the issue but now it is happening again.
I am having the same issue with my soundbar. We called the help number to submit a diagnostic and was instructed to mail the sound bar in to Sonos and pay a fee of of $193 to have Sonos 'repair' our sound bar!!! I think I will just buy a different brand sound bar.That is a lot of money to have an issue that was not caused by me, caused by a defective product and bad software update. Not happy at all and unfortunately we have sonos running though our entire house. I am looking for an alternative brand. Have several amps and bridge that will need replacement too, I am sure it is a matter of time before same issue happens with those too. I am not paying for those either. Haven't had the equipment long enough to have to pay $200 to get it fixed. If anyone can recommend a brand they like, that offers a better warranty please leave a comment...Thank you. My sound bar turns on, after the final software update this past week, (early December 2016) that is when the living room sound bar fell off my list of rooms from the app control.

Buyer Beware...it will happen to you too!
I'm having a similar problem with Play 1's. I have two of them, they worked fine. After the update to S7 my kitchen play1 stopped working. I power cycled once which fixed the issue but now it is happening again.

After the last software update there seems to be a lot of this happening. Sonos wants me to mail my sound bar in and have it repaired for $200! Looking for new brand now. Not happy at all!
I'm going through the same issue now and they want $200 for replacement. I barely used it for less than 2 years and the playbar stopped working. I've recommended this to many of my friends, but wont be doing that any more. I paid $2200 for the whole 5.1 and an additional Play 1 and they don;t even last 2 years. When i spoke with the customer service manager, he said its very rare that they hear about their product going bad. It seems like he never read the posts on here. They all just lied out right. They do like this and they wouldn't last long. I asked what if my SUB goes bad in the next 6 months and then i should pay another $200, and he says 'Yes' that's how it works. Sorry, but this is not how you stand by your customer. I understand that things go bad after few years, but certainly not in less than 2 years when I spend $2200. Its disappointing to own the SONOS.
Hey guys. i had the same issue with my playbar yesterday. It wasnt connected and had a solid white light. When i tried to press the buttons to connect when prompted nothing would happen. It was late so i left it for the night. Today when i got home from work I did a reset on the speaker itself. You hold the play button remove the power cable while still holding the button give it a second and then put the power cable back in. Continue to hold the play button until the light turns amber. After that give it a sec and it should blink green. You should be able to reconnect after that. Hope that helps.
Same issue my system just stopped working, turns out my player has the solid white light of death. Called customer support who were very helpful however the playbar will not reboot. Now have to purchase a replacement for $349 australian $$
Hey guys. i had the same issue with my playbar yesterday. It wasnt connected and had a solid white light. When i tried to press the buttons to connect when prompted nothing would happen. It was late so i left it for the night. Today when i got home from work I did a reset on the speaker itself. You hold the play button remove the power cable while still holding the button give it a second and then put the power cable back in. Continue to hold the play button until the light turns amber. After that give it a sec and it should blink green. You should be able to reconnect after that. Hope that helps.

Perfect advise... after reading everyone's statements about having to send their Playbar to Sonos, I found this at the end of the thread and it worked immediately! I had been trying to get it connected for hours until I found this advice. Worked perfectly. All reset and working fine. Thanks.
I have just had the same problem. Update 9.0 appears to have crashed the play bar. Unfortunately I cannot get it to respond via hard reboot. No LED activity, nothing. Worked reliably without hiccup for three years.

To tell sonos tech team, is there a back door to carry out a software roll back? This is clearly a compatibility issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have just had the same problem. Update 9.0 appears to have crashed the play bar. Unfortunately I cannot get it to respond via hard reboot. No LED activity, nothing. Worked reliably without hiccup for three years.

To tell sonos tech team, is there a back door to carry out a software roll back? This is clearly a compatibility issue.

Hi Guy,

There's no way to roll back the update. We haven't seen any compatibility issues with the update though, my PLAYBAR, for example, works just fine. It would be best to reach out to our phone team who can take a look at this one live. Please give us a call, our phone number's found here.