SONOS Playbar (5.1) doesn't work any more,

• 21 November 2017
  • 6 replies

It stopped working all of a sudden and they want $200 for replacement. I barely used it for less than 2 years and the playbar stopped working. I've recommended this to many of my friends, but wont be doing that any more. I paid $2200 for the whole 5.1 and an additional Play 1 and they don;t even last 2 years. When i spoke with the customer service manager, he said its very rare that they hear about their product going bad. It seems like he never read the posts on here. They all just lied out right. They do like this and they wouldn't last long. I asked what if my SUB goes bad in the next 6 months and then i should pay another $200, and he says 'Yes' that's how it works. Sorry, but this is not how you stand by your customer. I understand that things go bad after few years, but certainly not in less than 2 years when I spend $2200. Its disappointing to own the SONOS.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

So it failed out of warranty leaving Sonos with no legal obligation, and they offered a replacement at 25% of cost. The handful of posts about failures on here actually proves they were telling the truth in my view. Next time you have an out-of-warranty equipment failure, I suggest you try asking the manufacturer for a cut-price replacement and prepare yourself for a disappointment.
I wonder what companies like Dell, Microsoft and Apple do when one of their computers breaks out of warranty. As far as I can tell, each Sonos speaker effectively contains a computer, albeit with limited speed and memory.
My MacBook from 2011 still works. My Iphone lasted for about 4 years. That's what separate great companies from others. From my experience, SONOS doesnt belong. I love the quality of sound and the flexibility it offers. But not worth to spend more money after just 2 years of use. And Dell speakers certainly doesnt cost $2000.
I'd gladly pay $200 - but I can't get anyone to call me back and no one ever answers their support line. I'm beginning to think scam ... I have a Playbar and 6 1's as an investment. Have loved until now.
HaroldPGray,

You may want to avail yourself of some of their other methods of contact. See https://www.sonos.com/contact I would recommend that if you can, run a diagnostic before contacting them, it will help speed up the process.
Bruce - thanks. I have an open incident - to which I’ve added diagnostics several times after trying all sorts of alternatives including factory reset. Sent emails as well . After this post yesterday - I guess 5hey monitor here - I got the suggestion to try alternate sources. Which I’ve tried and don’t work. I guess they can’t really tell much with diagnostics. Still trial and error.