Question

Sonos Play:1 connected to CONNECT intermittently cuts out

• 11 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I've read most of the posts related to this issue but wondered if anyone can have a look at my diagnostics to tell me what the issue is - 6986682

I have a CONNECT attached to my TV (line in) and two Play:1 stereo paired grouped with it to play sound to my TV. I have a wired ethernet to them and they are on SONOSNET.

The issue is that, the play:1 intermittently cuts out for 1 sec and then comes back on. This doesn't happen when I play music from streaming services. I have changed lineout to level 10 and changed the SONOSNET channel but i don't seem to be able to resolve the issue.

Can any help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Noticed this problem a couple of times! Today started occuring every few minutes or more! I switched off surround speakers in "room settings"and then back on! Hasn't occurred since!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi there, I've read most of the posts related to this issue but wondered if anyone can have a look at my diagnostics to tell me what the issue is - 6986682

Hi eugeneclh, welcome to the community. Your issue is related to wireless interference. Your CONNECT is registering a very high amount of noise around it. This may be due to proximity to electrical or radio devices such as the TV, router, cordless phone etc. If it's possible, the easiest solution would be to also connect the CONNECT by Ethernet cable to the router. If that's not possible, then please check out our article on reducing wireless interference. You would also have less problems with a higher compression setting for the Line-In audio. This will introduce a delay however, so if you're watching TV, you may need to adjust your TV's lip sync settings to compensate.

Generally we don't advise using the CONNECT for TV audio as the PLAYBAR is just better at it, so it may be for a stable solution an Ethernet cable to the CONNECT is the only answer, depending on what how clean you can get that WiFi environment.