SONOS Play Go: (Fictional Device)

• 7 December 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
  • Headliner I
  • 1032 replies
I see the topic of a Portable Outdoor speaker is on the table again and this topic has been going on for a long time.
As we know sonos will never talk about what they have in store for us but I know they always read our posts and take onboard what we as consumers would like.

Now it would be nice if this new community had a product ideas area where we could post what we as consumers would like to see coming out of the sonos vaults, but for now we have lots of different threads on what I see as the same request over-and-over again, yes sonos we would like a truly portable Play device that we can take outside on a sunny day (In England) and catch some rays whilst listening to our fav tunes - now most will know we can get a Connect:Amp and wire up some outdoor rated third party speakers but this is an expensive option that frankly I myself couldn't justify the cost.

Now I'm not trying to lower your Target Audience and if ever you did make a portable outdoor speaker I would expect the same level of quality in terms of build, sound and customer service we have come to expect from sonos.

What do you see as your Target Audience? "The term Target Audience refers specifically to the group of consumers targeted by advertisements."

Anyway I'm going on a bit and getting too deep - let me get back on track (Some might tell I have no work today).
My point was lets not keep going over the same question for 2, 3, 4 years but lets have a "Poll" on whom would like to see SONOS bring out a Portable Outdoor Speaker.

Please cast you votes below:

SONOS Please consider this: Play Portable Outdoor Speaker

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Now I find this interesting, after 19hrs only 8 votes - there are more threads about this than votes so where are the peeps who would like a Portable Outdoor Speaker.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Problem is, even the Poll doesn't ask the complete question.

My play5's are portable, I can and do take them outside regularly.

I suspect that the OP is simply asking for a battery powered speaker, but that is different from a truly 'outdoor' device.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Problem is, even the Poll doesn't ask the complete question.

My play5's are portable, I can and do take them outside regularly.

I suspect that the OP is simply asking for a battery powered speaker, but that is different from a truly 'outdoor' device.

I think you are splitting hairs and sonos and other users whom have been on this community, ask.sonos and the older forum will know this request has been around for years in several iterations.

The problem with this is that these requests can't clearly be found on here so users start a new thread asking for a variant of what we would all like to see.

A speaker that does not require it to be mains power supplied to work but also can be, it can be taken outside and run on battery power alone or inside on mains power.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
I know lets have a journey back to the 80's and ask sonos to bring out the Play Ghetto Blaster.