Sonos play 5 smaller in size

• 10 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Purchased my 3rd one from Sonos and it's smaller in size to the one I bought from best buy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Interesting. Ryan S was looking in to someone else claiming the same thing. Perhaps you may want to send him a PM?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
As Airgetlam suggested, I'd love to take a look with you. Could you send me a PM with some more details? What's the serial number of the one that seems to be smaller? Is that your newest unit?

Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
That's frightening. I wouldn't expect two different sized versions of the same speaker to have the same sound signature (perhaps no better or no worse, but different). Do you notice any difference in the sound? I have a lone Play 5 that needs a mate, and because of this post I'm concerned about what I might get if I purchase one to complete a stereo pair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I wouldn't let that stop you Toolio, as far as I've been able to find, there aren't any size changes of the PLAY:5 gen2 out there where you might run into an issue here. We're always happy to investigate, and if you wind up unhappy you can always return the unit you get. But there are a lot of PLAY:5s out there and this concern has been raised only a couple times in my experience. I wouldn't be worried about it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I wouldn't let that stop you Toolio, as far as I've been able to find, there aren't any size changes of the PLAY:5 gen2 out there where you might run into an issue here. We're always happy to investigate, and if you wind up unhappy you can always return the unit you get. But there are a lot of PLAY:5s out there and this concern has been raised only a couple times in my experience. I wouldn't be worried about it.
Thanks, Ryan. I won't sweat it. My only concern is that I live in Brasil most of the time and buy Sonos gear in Canada, so returns aren't exactly easy (although I do go back and forth a fair bit). But you're right, it sounds like it isn't much of an issue. I appreciate your input.