Question

sonos play 5 gen 2.

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I can’t believe Sonos play 5 gen 2 doesn’t have wireless connectivity with a tv. I have a Bose unit from 6 years ago that connects perfectly. Sonos mention you need a hardwired 3.5mm headphone cable to join. 10 years ago maybe!!! I have a wall mounted outdoor tv. Cannot connect wirelessly. And, I use YouTube music, which will not stream directly to the unit either. The app with sonos is very limited with YouTube music. I just want to listen to some music through a TV, and easily cast from a direct app (no third party Sonos app). Come on guys, it’s not 2000 anymore. 2 vey basic needs I cannot do.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Your other speakers probably use Bluetooth.  The recent Move excepted, Sonos has always eschewed Bluetooth. Sonos has never made a purely Bluetooth speaker and is just not in that market. Sonos makes networked multiroom hifi systems and multichannel HT systems.  If you want a Bluetooth speaker, you can buy one - there are plenty out there.

Or get a cheap Bluetooth receiver and plug it into the P5 line in - job done.