Answered

Sonos Play 1 won't connect anymore

• 15 March 2018
  • 4 replies

My PLAY 1 has been working semi-fine up until now. It needed a reset once in a while, but that got it going again. Now it's lost the connection and refuses to reconnect.

I've tried factory resetting it and configuring it again.
In the setup process it seems to discover the speaker just fine. I type in the wifi password and then I'm asked to press 'play' and 'volume up' at the same time and wait for the sound. The sound plays, but then the LED turns solid red and nothing further happens.

Any advice?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 15 March 2018, 20:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi

If the Play 1 is the only speaker you have then I suggest this...in the order given.

1.No need to reset you Play 1 again
2.Unplug your Play 1
3.Unplug all other Wi-Fi and wired (Ethernet) clients to your router.
4.Unplug your router and modem
5.Delete the Sonos App
6.Plug in your modem_allow it to fully come back
7.Plug in your router_allow it to fully come back
8. Re-.install the Sonos App
9.Plug in the Play 1_set it up
10. Plug in your Wi-Fi clients
11. Plug in your wired (Ethernet) clients

If the above does not resolve your issue...then submit a diagnostic and post the ID in this forum.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
AJTrek1 gave some stellar suggestions above.

If you should run into any problems after, submit the diagnostic report and be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I'll be happy to take a look and advise on next steps. Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem with my play5.
I have other speakers in my system, so I don’t really dare to reset the speaker...
Userlevel 7
Follow the same procedure as I mentioned above. The only difference is that you would unplug all your Sonos. At the point where I instructed to plug in the Play 1 you would do the same for all your Sonos ...one at a time starting with the boost speaker or component if using boost mode. Otherwise use Wi-Fi direct. Same procedure at the end is to submit a diagnosis if the issue is not resolved.?

Cheers!