Answered

Sonos Play 1 and Airport Express

• 21 May 2020
  • 2 replies

I currently have no Sonos anything. Looking to buy just a Sonos 1 to use on my WiFi at home. Right now I have 2 iHome wifi speaker that plays iTunes on my PC . Wanted to add another speaker to my system. Will the Sonos 1 play iTunes as well and show up in the iTunes list of connected speakers. .

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 May 2020, 23:37

Hello @Redbone 

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

I would like to let you know that you can indeed use the speaker’s Airplay 2 capability to play from iTunes. Also, you won't be able to play from both Sonos and iHome speakers at the same time. It would have to be one or the other as the speakers are not compatible with each other.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello @Redbone 

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

I would like to let you know that you can indeed use the speaker’s Airplay 2 capability to play from iTunes. Also, you won't be able to play from both Sonos and iHome speakers at the same time. It would have to be one or the other as the speakers are not compatible with each other.

Thanks for your reply. Not the answer I was hoping for but very glad to get a straight answer and from what I am hearing a very correct one. I will therefore look for alternative solutions. Thanks David