Answered

Sonos One with Sonos Play 1

• 18 July 2019
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies
Hi
I have added recently Sonos One ( gen 2)
I was automatically assigned for bathroom
I have previous Sonos Play 1 in the bedroom
So originally I want to assign Sonos One to the same bedroom and to create a stereo pair
For some reason and cannot move speaker as expained in the forum , as this option just doesn't appear neither on my mobile app( ios) not desktop one ( Windows 10)
So how do I exactly move newer Sonos One to the Bedroom with exisitng Sonos Play 1 speaker?
Thanks in advance

( attaching the screenshots of the room settings in the mobile app controller)

icon

Best answer by jgatie 18 July 2019, 14:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You cannot pair the two, despite similar looks, they are completely different models.
Hi
Thanks for the prompt reply!
So they cannot be defined in the same room , even not as a stereo pair?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
As jgatie said, they cannot be used as a stereo pair.

If you want them in the same room, playing the same signal in sync, you could call them, say, Room and Room1, and then group them. Then you get the same source playing to both, with independent volume control of each. BUT to emphasise, they WILL NOT be stereo Left and Right; they will be 2 speakers in the same room, both playing the same thing.
Note there is an app for iOS that will pair them via a hack, but it is not supported by Sonos.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sonosequencr/id967043604
thanks a lot!
this is how I defined them with two separate room,
will try your workaround!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
The “room” is just a name, really. They could just as well be called Clint and Eastwood. 😀