Answered

Sonos ONE wall mount

• 5 October 2017
  • 36 replies

Hey there,

Looking for a bit of info regarding the new Sonos ONE with Alexa. I currently have my Sonos PLAY 1's mounted on brackets in the corners of my living room for surround sound. Will the Sonos ONE be able to mount on the same wall bracket or will there be a different way to mount it?

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,

Alan
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 October 2017, 05:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would imagine it has the same mount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I’m wrong. It does not have the threads for the screw mounting.
There was a post earlier in the morning, by Ryan S as I recall, that suggested that Sanus already had a mount designed that didn't require a threaded post. But I didn't follow the link to look at it, so I'm not sure.
Bingo.

A quick search of Sanus, and I found this:

http://shop.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/wswm22/
Looks like the only mount so far is the Sanus as pointed out above, which uses the wire loops.

From the pictures of the Sonos One - it doesn't have the screw hole on the back so my Flexson wall mount won't fit.

New speaker and mount to order!
Userlevel 2
Sanus Sonos One Wall Mounts are available from the Sonos UK site from Oct 24th
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
The wall mounts do look ugly though :(

I have Flexson wall mounts for my Play 1's and although a bit expensive for what they are, they are great quality and unobtrusive.

I know there's a lot of extra Alexa tech inside, but I'm still surprised that there wasn't space for a threaded mount.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
In fact having seen the inside of an Echo dot, without the speaker, there's really not much hardware, I'm not saying that it would have been as simple as taking the Echo Dot PCB boards and putting them inside a Play 1, but I'm amazed at how little there is inside an Echo Dot!
Flexson is releasing their mounts next month.

http://www.insideci.co.uk/news/flexson-intros-sonos-one-wall-mount-and-speaker-stand.aspx
Thanks for the link, BarackOdrama, those look pretty good.

I wonder if they'll also make a desktop stand. I suppose I need to shoot them another email 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge
Just got my Sonos one. Immediately disappointed. 2 things. No mount! WTF! I use stands and I have to buy new! Second is the color difference with the existing Play 1. What were they thinking? Now my stereo pair is mismatched. Dumb, just dumb.
Uhhhm, what do you mean "stereo pair is mismatched". The One is a different model and cannot be stereo paired with a Play:1 for just that reason.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I meant the color was mismatched. but I was unaware it could not be put in a stereo pair so strike 3! You may say I should have known or read the description before I bought it and you'd be right. But again, why would they do this? A play 1 with an Echo in it sounded perfect to replace one of my Play 1 stereo pairs and get an echo in each room. I have 7 PLAY 1's in 3 Stereo pairs plus an extra stand alone. This makes no sense to me.
The wall mounts do look ugly though :(

I have Flexson wall mounts for my Play 1's and although a bit expensive for what they are, they are great quality and unobtrusive.

I know there's a lot of extra Alexa tech inside, but I'm still surprised that there wasn't space for a threaded mount.

Yeah they are ugly. I sent an e-mail to Flexson asking about three status of products for the Sonos One and here is what they said;

"At the moment we will only have the Floor Stand and Wall Mount for the new Sonos play One.
Will be available by the end of November / beginning of December, can be pre-ordered earlier but I don't know the exact date yet.
https://www.flexson.com/by-sonos-product/sonos-one"

The Flexson wall mounts look way better.
Flexson told me that their new mount for Sonos One will be compatible with the existing footing for the Play 1. So although it’s a pain having to order (and pay for!) a new mount, it should mean the at least the fixing of the existing mount can stay on the wall and I don’t need to re drill, as the outer part of the new mount should slot in. I’m still annoyed at Sonos for not including the threaded hole on the new unit though!
What is this madness!

-Old wall mounts are now useless with new ones costing £55 and not ready for another month.
-Still waiting for spotify support.
- Will not link to a Play 1 claiming it is a different product even though my other sonos products link with it.

WTF Sonos?

Everyone needs to call them out on this! Let them know on Facebook and Twitter
Yeah, nothing like a Facebook and Twitter campaign to magically fit a threaded mounting hole where it wouldn't fit before. 😉
Yeah, nothing like a Facebook and Twitter campaign to magically fit a threaded mounting hole where it wouldn't fit before. ;) Its not just the hole is it though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
He would have been better off just getting an echo dot to use with existing play:1
Why would anyone buy 2 alexa enabled play ones to get srround sound?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Two play:1s and echo dot cheaper and more full featured
More wires also. I think it is a big step back.
The voice recognition on the Sonos One is way better than on the Echo Dot.
It doesnt even link to my playbar. Im sending it back. Absolutely kack.
It doesnt even link to my playbar. Im sending it back. Absolutely kack.
Seems to work OK with the Play Base?