Sonos one volume increase by itself

• 28 January 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a set of sones one paired in stereo in my kitchen, but lately it has turned the volume to Max several times. I only does it rarely but when it does, it sound like somebody is clicking the touch buttons as I can hear the small tone when touching them.

I have been thinking dirty controls on the top, but since it's an 2018 model, it would expect theese filthy fingers on touch was so 2015-2016 issues. Not to be expected on a modern speaker. Am I wrong here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I wouldn’t think dirt would provide the necessary pressure / capacitive change needed to change the volume. You could check this by turning off those “buttons” in the controller app, in the room settings for the speaker. It seems much more likely to be a stuck button on a controller device. But, you could run a diagnostic the next time it happens, and contact Sonos to give them the number. As long as you did it within 10 minutes or so of the event, they could likely tell you where the volume change command was coming from.
I will do that the next time. Thanks for the feedback.