Question

Sonos one unable to play radio or music

• 26 October 2017
  • 10 replies

I just bought the sonos one and when I first set it up and used it saying “Alexa play radio “ she played the radio saying “Alexa play pinks new album” she streamed it but now all I get it “something went wrong”
I have reset to factory settings and reloaded the apps and set the system up again but now all she will say is “something has gone wrong” oh except if I had how the weather is then she will tell me !!!!!!!

What to do to fix?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I would start by disabling then enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app. Then check to see if there are any duplicate names for your Smart devices found in the Alexa app. Here are some other troubleshooting tips:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4345
I tried disabling and made sure there was no duplicate names for my device. I only have one device on the network and that’s the sonos one. I went though the troubleshooting tips to.
I tried disabling and made sure there was no duplicate names for my device. I only have one device on the network and that’s the sonos one. I went though the troubleshooting tips to.

Probably best to duplicate the problem, submit a diagnostic, and either give Sonos Support a call with the reference number or post the number here.
Diagnostics submitted 8006729
Thanks for the advice
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the diagnostic. In short, it doesn't look like your player is properly connected to Alexa. I'd suggest doing the following

1. In your Sonos app, go to Settings > Voice Services and disable that.
2. Alexa app > Settings > (Sonos One) at the bottom click deregister under "Device is registered to:"
3. Disable the Sonos Skill for Alexa.

Then go ahead and set them back up. Make sure you discover devices on it after this is all done.

When that's done, can you try it out and send us a new diagnostic?
8008211 Done and diagnostic done and still “ something went wrong message”
Tried the remove and add twice and it is now working, but it worked before so let’s hope it keeps working this time
And it happens again will not stream from amazon music when asked to play a song !!!!!!! This time I have noticed in Alexa app a bedroom has appeared that wasn’t there before !!!!!! Diagnostic number 8010471
She is also now American and that’s what happened the last time annoying
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details. At this point, I'd suggest give us a call on our support line. Let's get a closer look at what's happening there with that setup. We'll help dig in and see what's up.