Answered

Sonos One Stereo Pair Bass

• 1 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

recently purchased a couple of Sonos One's which I have as a stereo pair in my living room.

The last few nights I have noticed something a little odd. When listening to Google Play Music or Spotify at around 30% volume, on some tracks some of the bass notes are much louder than the rest of the song. It's sounds quite weird, like the drummer is giving the bass drum a hard thwack but only on certain notes. The music I was playing at the time was 80's/90's rock and indie and I have the equalizer at around 70% bass/treble. I have done the trueplay setup and loudness is on.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 1 February 2019, 18:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

recently purchased a couple of Sonos One's which I have as a stereo pair in my living room.

The last few nights I have noticed something a little odd. When listening to Google Play Music or Spotify at around 30% volume, on some tracks some of the bass notes are much louder than the rest of the song. It's sounds quite weird, like the drummer is giving the bass drum a hard thwack but only on certain notes. The music I was playing at the time was 80's/90's rock and indie and I have the equalizer at around 70% bass/treble. I have done the trueplay setup and loudness is on.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

Hi there,

Do you hear the same sound with the Trueplay tuning disabled? Try tuning the system again, do you still hear the sound? If so, please submit a diagnostic report after it happens, then reply here with the confirmation number.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I will try that and report back.

Is this what is known as 'bass popping' referred to in some other threads on this forum ?

Thanks