Sonos One SL feedback

• 5 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
So - now we know that when Sonos was removing the ability to stream music to Sonos One and other speakers in its range from the iPhone it had this up its sleeve and said nothing. And said nothing! Frankly that's rancid behaviour Sonos. You just obsoleted four Sonos Ones in my listening estate and didn't have the courtesy, empathy or respect for my custom to tell me why. That's arrogance for you. Nor is their an upgrade path or trade-in deal. You have good listening products Sonos but your customer relations policy is bad.

2 replies

So - now we know that when Sonos was removing the ability to stream music to Sonos One and other speakers in its range from the iPhone it had this up its sleeve and said nothing. And said nothing! Frankly that's rancid behaviour Sonos. You just obsoleted four Sonos Ones in my listening estate and didn't have the courtesy, empathy or respect for my custom to tell me why. That's arrogance for you. Nor is their an upgrade path or trade-in deal. You have good listening products Sonos but your customer relations policy is, frankly again, crap.

Wow. You don’t even bother to check your facts. You can AirPlay to the Ones. They’re anything but obsolete. This new speaker is the One without microphones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So - now we know that when Sonos was removing the ability to stream music to Sonos One and other speakers in its range from the iPhone it had this up its sleeve and said nothing.

What are you talking about? You can use airplay to streaming audio to Sonos One. Other Sonos products that don't have airplay no. I don't see how that's relevant to this product release in any way though.

And said nothing! Frankly that's rancid behaviour Sonos. You just obsoleted four Sonos Ones in my listening estate and didn't have the courtesy, empathy or respect for my custom to tell me why.

Again, how does the 'from this iPhone' or this product release make your Sonos Ones obsolete? As for why, Sonos has explained why the functionality was removed and the reason for this new product is pretty obvious.

That's arrogance for you. Nor is their an upgrade path or trade-in deal. You have good listening products Sonos but your customer relations policy is, frankly again, crap.

You want a trade in for your Sonos One? To what product?