Sonos One SL

• 17 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Can I link an odd number of SL’s together? How many can I link together? Also if I have three rooms, can I send different music to each room from one device or do I need three devices to do that?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thank you! So that means I can't link three speakers together in one room?

You can set up three speakers as three separate ‘rooms’ in the Sonos software. Sonos doesn’t care where you put them physically, a ‘room’ is a code construct that Sonos uses. So you can have three speakers, all mono speakers, set up as three rooms, all physically in the same room, or you can have a stereo pair as one ‘room’ and a mono second ‘room’ all playing in sync in the same physical room. 

You can group up to 32 rooms together. You can pair two speakers in stereo in a single ‘room’ in the Sonos software. 

The Sonos controller in your device (mobile or PC) is merely a remote control, all of the ‘smarts’ are on the computer in each speaker, so if you have three rooms, you can stream three sources simultaneously, one to each room.