Question

Sonos One (single) placement in small study?

• 21 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi team, I have a small study where I work at home and I have a One for listing to music and podcasts.

The layout of my study is square, and I can either put the One on a shelf behind me about waist height, in the corner behind me at the same height, or to the right side a little lower.

Any ideas on what would be optimal? I’ll obviously have a play around too just wanted to hear people’s experience with a similar setup.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @jsamuelson.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and I’m here to help.

It doesnt matter where youre going to put the speakers as long as theirs a strong wifi connection and less wireless interference 

I suggest if you can hardwire your speaker to a router or modem that would be best for you to have a smooth audio quality.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for answering, but it’s the sonic performance I’m curious about - wifi signal is strong and fast.

Badge +20

Personally I always found the One to be best when roughly ear high when sitting down. There no right position, just try and find what works for you.