Sonos One - Rubbish product

• 7 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Airplay 2 disappears frequently and have to reboot to get it back.

Can't connect to new wifi. So I did a factory reset according to the forum.

Ask Alexa to play spotify. She said "the device is offline"

Reset Alexa.

Ask again. "hmm. add skill and ask me to find the device."

Seriously?

Such a rubbish product.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Airplay 2 disappears frequently and have to reboot to get it back.
Could be your iOS device needs an update

Can't connect to new wifi. So I did a factory reset according to the forum.
That statement indicates that before YOU changed your Wi-Fi everything was working. You need to purge your speakers of the old Wi-Fi credentials. Click the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3488?language=en_US Factory Reset was not necessary

Ask Alexa to play spotify. She said "the device is offline"
That's your network

Reset Alexa. Ask again. "hmm. add skill and ask me to find the device."
Don't know what you mean by "Reset Alexa"; however you should have deleted the Alexa app and re-installed it. Set up the Sonos skill in Alexa and checked that Alexa voice services was enabled in the Sonos app.

Seriously?
Seriously!
Userlevel 1
Badge
we have 4 Sonos Ones and no issues with drop outs or Airplay ..using SONOSNET WiFi across a 3500sqft home
N2019s,

Looking back through your previous posts a week, or so, ago you have complained about Airplay devices dropping off your network from the onset.

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/airplay-disappeared-6820217/index1.html#post16309689

I’m actually quite surprised you have not yet made direct contact with Sonos Support about the issue, before complaining about it again here?

Sonos One .. won T3’s Award for best multi-room Speaker of 2018.

https://www.t3.com/news/t3-awards-2018-winners-audio

Personally speaking, I’ve never seen an AirPlay problem with the speaker in the 9 months, or so, that I have had these speakers in several places around my home. I can also say that some family and friends would also say the same. It works fine when it is setup correctly.

It’s clearly going to be a local network setup issue. You should perhaps submit a Sonos System diagnostic, as suggested above, then seek/heed advice from Sonos Customer Care.

Some links to help you to get this resolved...

Submit System Diagnostics

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Also, are you using any WiFi extenders in your home? They can (and usually do) cause issues themselves.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there. We do not generally recommend resetting a device and whilst product faults can occur, more commonly, the home network is the culprit.

When devices drop off the network, this is likely due to WiFi interference. If it is indeed an error being caused by Alexa alone, the first step is to open the Alexa App and remove the Sonos Skill and then re-Enable. If that doesn’t work, please see this thread here. If those links don't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following any further occurrence of this issue or changes in your setup, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.