Sonos One Pricing - Lost customer

• 10 January 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

After much discussion we bought our first Sonos One 3 days ago from a John Lewis for £147. We absolutely loved it and decided today to buy a couple more. Absolutely so annoyed they have gone up £52 per speaker...WHY. Having looked around I see all there prices have gone up everywhere, so I can’t blame John Lewis. This is a unbelievable rise, afraid they have lost our custom , while we really love the Sonos One we have, there is no way we will pay £199 for each speaker. We will be looking at other systems now. What a greedy company a Sonos are.

9 replies

Odd, Sonos hasn’t raised the prices of any device, save the Port, in at least the last 90 days, and likely longer, since I really don’t pay much attention.

I’d suggest you may have caught a sale at John Lewis for your first device, which has subsequently stopped. But Sonos hasn’t raised the price of the Sonos One at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi bluesman, Airgetlam is correct, there hasn’t been any MSRP price change for the Sonos One. You most likely found it on a sale, which is rare but we did have some around the end of the year. I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment. If you haven’t yet, you could contact our direct sales line to see if they have any current promotions

Badge +3

I have checked and this is the price everywhere, nearly all there range has gone up in price. I paid £147.00 three days ago, it then went up to £157, which i was ok with but on going to order a pair tonight each speaker is now £199.00. I cant exactly remember the price on the Sonos web page 4 days ago but it was very near John Lewis, only bought from John Lewis as we have always used them, there warranties are excellent.

Could by used I suppose, bet never very keen on that. Fancied putting a Sonos One in the Kitchen and another pair in another room in stereo. Absolutley no chance now. Very Greedy Company.

Badge +3

Sorry don't believe that, everyone has put them up in price at once, no offers around at all…

No more comments from me on this I'm going to look for something else for rest of house.

Badge +1

You found a bargain in a sale from a dealer and are now blaming Sonos that their prices don’t match the January sales??

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

3 months ago you posted in another topic: 

Ok, I’ve ordered her a pair of One SL, will hang back on mine, just in case something comes along on Black Friday. Although I’ve never found things much cheaper on that, plus don’t have time or patience to be online for hours looking, but you never know.

What price and what version did you buy then?

The One is now showing on the Sonos website for £199. This was the price I paid 12 months ago. I’ve seen them on sale at lower prices from time to time since then, but they’ve certainly NOT put the price up. Clearly you bought just now  at a sale price. The SL version is cheaper than the standard version. But you seem to have made up your mind, even though you are wrong in your conclusion. 

As I recall the One was launched in the UK at £199. And good value at that. If you don't think it is worth that much then that is clearly your right. But if the idea of posting here was to make Sonos think they have lost something,  then the person who has really lost is you. Good luck with whatever you buy instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonos_One

Such a greedy company,  continuing to sell a product at the same price it launched at.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Odd, Sonos hasn’t raised the prices of any device, save the Port, in at least the last 90 days, and likely longer, since I really don’t pay much attention.

I’d suggest you may have caught a sale at John Lewis for your first device, which has subsequently stopped. But Sonos hasn’t raised the price of the Sonos One at all.

they also raised the price of the amp.