Answered

Sonos One power

• 27 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Do you know if it’s possible to connect SONO ONE speaker directly to the electricity power and not on a plug ?

We would like to have the speakers set up on the wall and if possible, we would like the cable to go directly into the wall to avoid having a plug

Thank you,

Loic

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 June 2022, 23:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

IEC-60320 C7 (Figure 8) are not rated for in wall usage.  If you have an outlet below the location of the speakers, you can buy a short cord and one of these per speaker:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sanus-in-wall-power-kit-for-all-in-one-speakers

What I did when installing Sonos Ones in my breakfast nook was to have an electrician install plugs at ceiling height, so I could run short power cords to each. Satisfied all local codes, and kept the wires to a minimum. After a week of them going in, I didn’t ‘see’ them anymore, and just enjoyed nice music. 

Had I not already had the Ones, I might have gone with the Sonance and Sonos Amp option, instead.