Sonos one popping sound

• 9 February 2018
  • 10 replies

I have a popping sound sometimes on low level coming from the bass? . Can someone please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Nelly18,

My suggestion is to first try running/re-running Trueplay Tuning for your speaker. This is hopefully available in your controller Settings/Room Settings ..choose the 'room' your speaker is located in and then run the Trueplay Tuning feature.

See if that fixes the issue.
Hi and thanks but I have already tried doing that and closing down the speaker leaving it turned off changing the settings putting the bass on low / off. I now thing to taking it back to the shop.
Hi and thanks but I have already tried doing that and closing down the speaker leaving it turned off changing the settings putting the bass on low / off. I now thing to taking it back to the shop.

Perhaps submit a diagnostic report to Sonos through the controller app 'Settings/Advanced Settings' and post the number here in the community for a member of the Sonos Staff to take a look. They can then perhaps check if there is a problem with your new device.

Hope that helps.
Ok thanks I will do and thank you for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Nelly18. If you are still having these problems I would suggest what KenGriffiths suggested and submit a diagnostic report. Afterwards, please be sure to reply with the seven-digit confirmation number. This will allow me to pull the report and advise on next steps. Thanks!
Hello Keith and thank you I am going to take it back to the shop to day and see what they say if I don’t get anywhere I will do what you all have suggested. And thanks once again.
I have a similar problem with my Play:1, I would describe the sound as a repeated "pff" sound. I can't pinpoint what triggers it but if I power cycle the speaker it goes away until the next random occurrence. Next time I hear it happening I will submit a support diagnostic for evaluation.
Here are two support diagnostic submissions: 1732074172 and 605732358
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, mtlewis. Thanks for the diagnostics. Couldn't easily spot anything that'd cause the behaviour you're reporting, however. Which of the two PLAY:1's is this occurring on?
The left one in the living room surround setup.