Answered

Sonos One Outdoors

• 2 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Anyone have any experience with utilizing sonos one speakers outside under an awning?

icon

Best answer by Chris 2 April 2020, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I wouldn’t leave out there all the time - but the Sonos One’s are humidity resistant and should have issue being left out during normal weather.

Of course the move with its IP56 rating is made for that situation (even ok in getting wet from light rain).

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have a play:1 in my garden underneath a roof (mild maritime climate). Rain can come in from the side a bit. It’s been there for over a year and doing just fine. I just don’t expect it to operate for more than a few years, but hope to be surprised.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have play1 I leave outside year-round (including the southern Ontario winters) on a window ledge near my hot tub. I put an empty plastic coffee container (the kind Folgers sells its coffee in) over it when not in use. It’s been out there for about 4 years now and still going strong. The one on the front porch I bring in for the winter, since I never sit out there during that season.

Badge

Thanks you all who responded to my question.