Answered

Sonos One or Sonos One SL with Beam

• 5 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Is there any advantage to using 2 Sonos Ones instead of 2 Sonos One SLs to pair with a Sonos Beam? I realize the Sonos One has Alexa voice support, but I also read where that is automatically disabled when the Sonos One is paired with the Sonos Beam.

Other than perhaps using the Sonos One is another room someday, is there really any advantage vs. the Sonos One SL in my current setup?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 5 April 2020, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @Jeff S. 

The Sonos One SL (x2) is the smart choice to use with a Beam. There’s no audio difference between a Sonos One and Sonos One SL.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The only difference between the Sonos One and the Sonos SL is the One has Alexa built in.   The Beam will be your Alexa device in the room setup so there is absolutely no reason to go with Sonos One’s.

As AjTrek1 says - go with the Sonos SL

The only difference between the Sonos One and the Sonos SL is the One has Alexa built in.   The Beam will be your Alexa device in the room setup so there is absolutely no reason to go with Sonos One’s.

As AjTrek1 says - go with the Sonos SL

Thanks!