Answered

Sonos One Microphone Light

• 22 January 2018
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can turn the Sonos One microphone light off? I'd like to do this without disabling the microphone. I have this in the bedroom and would rather there wasn't a light showing when I'm trying to sleep.

I know you can turn off the LED light in the settings but there doesn't seem to be an option for the microphone light.

If I have to disable the microphone, I'll be doing this every night and then turning it back on in the morning.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Belly M 22 January 2018, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

The company that jgatie linked to sells both opaque, and various levels of translucent covers.
Which is why the light is there.
Read my first post, I want the light only wen off, because it’s on almost all time
No. Sonos hardwired the LED to the microphones because they want users to be sure that when the light is off, the microphone is also off, and vice versa. The paranoia over privacy issues seem to outweigh the people who don't like lights shining in their sleeping areas.

Paranoia, right? From now on call it foresight. https://gizmodo.com/the-amazon-alexa-eavesdropping-nightmare-came-true-1831231490
No. Sonos hardwired the LED to the microphones because they want users to be sure that when the light is off, the microphone is also off, and vice versa. The paranoia over privacy issues seem to outweigh the people who don't like lights shining in their sleeping areas.

Paranoia, right? From now on call it foresight. https://gizmodo.com/the-amazon-alexa-eavesdropping-nightmare-came-true-1831231490
No, still paranoia. Data breaches are inevitable. It is how one reacts that matters.
For the avoidance of doubt, I get why people would be concerned at the collection of this stuff, but personally it won't stop me using Alexa. The point of the light is that you know when the microphone is on.

If others take a different view that is their right.
Paranoia, right? From now on call it foresight. https://gizmodo.com/the-amazon-alexa-eavesdropping-nightmare-came-true-1831231490[/quote]No, still paranoia. Data breaches are inevitable. It is how one reacts that matters.[/quote]

It's mainly NOT about data breach incidents (a person sent the wrong file, that's indeed inevitable), it's about the SCALE of very personal data collected – and available for e.g. employees to send out in an email.

It's mainly NOT about data breach incidents (a person sent the wrong file, that's indeed inevitable), it's about the SCALE of very personal data collected – and available for e.g. employees to send out in an email.

So did they ever catch the guy who held the gun to your head and forced you to purchase and/or use Alexa?

So did they ever catch the guy who held the gun to your head and forced you to purchase and/or use Alexa?

?‍♂️

?‍♂️

It is a legitimate question. Nobody is forced to buy and/or enable Alexa devices. Why you are here preaching the gospel of data collection to a choir of quite willing Alexa owners belies logic.

You are worried about it, we get that. So the easy solution is . . . DON'T BUY/ENABLE ALEXA DEVICES!!