Answered

Sonos One, iPhone X, AirPlay 2, Siri and Alexa.....Voice Command

• 12 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I’m a little confused, I like to control my Sonos One by voice. I’ve been doing that easily by talking to the One directly using Alexa. However, when I’m out of range/have to shout to Alexa, it would be nice to instead just talk to Alexa using my iPhone (maybe this is where Siri steps in?). Is that feature possible now that Airplay 2 is around? Thanks
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 12 December 2018, 19:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It can be done, but it's actually not a siri or airplay 2 feature. If you open up the Alexa app or Amazon music app on your phone, you'll see the Alexa icon. Pressing that will turn on the mic of your phone and you can speak to it as if you were speaking to the Sonos One directly. You do not need to start with 'Alexa', but you will need to add "on kitchen sonos" to target which speaker to play on (replace kitchen sonos with whatever name you used for your Sonos One). If you happen to have a different alexa enabled device where you are, you can also speak to that one, targeting your Sonos One speaker.

As a side note, you do not need to be on your local wifi network for this voice command to work. If you don't want to use your voice, you can do some limited music features from those two apps without voice. And of course, you can use the Sonos app on your phone whenever you're on the wifi network.
Badge
Thanks, works great.