Answered

Sonos one gen 2 pairings

• 26 March 2019
  • 9 replies

Can the gen 2 sonos one be paired with a gen 1 sonos one?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 March 2019, 21:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Yes, absolutely.
Thank you
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
In addition to the question by the original poster on this thread could I ask a couple more please?

I usually buy Flexon floor stands for my Play1 speakers so do the Sonos1 speakers use the same stands? If not, do the gen 1 and gen 2 Sonos1 speakers use the same stands as each other?

Thanks
No, the mounts on the Sonos One are not the same as they are on the PLAY:1, so different "heads" on the stands.

Gen1 and Gen2 are indeed physically the same.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
No, the mounts on the Sonos One are not the same as they are on the PLAY:1, so different "heads" on the stands.

Gen1 and Gen2 are indeed physically the same.

Thanks for the information 🙂
By the way, I was looking at Flexson's website last night, and it looks like they've modified some of their devices to mount both the PLAY:1 and Sonos One. I didn't look at all of them, but I did find it interesting that they've done this on at least some of them.
Sonos One (gen 2) cannot be stereo paired with a Play:1
No one has said that they could be. In fact, there are hundreds upon hundreds of posts about that on this forum.
Sonos One (gen 2) cannot be stereo paired with a Play:1

The One is not Gen 2 of the Play:1. There are currently 2 generations of the Sonos One, and they can be paired.