Answered

Sonos one fading

• 20 April 2019
  • 8 replies

One of our sonos play1s occasionally fades in and out of music when paired with the other sonos play1 and the sound bar. So when they are all playing together this happens.
Please advise
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 24 May 2019, 00:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Does it really fade, or does it just cut out? I'm trying to understand how a digital signal can fade.

In any case, I'd recommend that the next time it happens, you should submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

In most cases of sound cutting out, it's a case of wifi interference, might be worth reading that information.
Hi thanks for this. I can confirm it’s definitely a fade, much like turning the volume down then up. The diagnostic number is 511693517. When playing off the Spotify app on the TV there are no issues with the play bar, only the speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi thanks for this. I can confirm it’s definitely a fade, much like turning the volume down then up. The diagnostic number is 511693517. When playing off the Spotify app on the TV there are no issues with the play bar, only the speakers.

I wonder if this is 'ducking' after the Sonos One has triggered Alexa? What Alexa Groups have you set-up?
No Alexa groups, I don’t have one!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No Alexa groups, I don’t have one!

Sorry, I read Sonos One and not Play:1 - my mistake.
Shoot, it's where my mind was going too, it's the only way I know of "fading" a Sonos signal. Let's hope that Sonos can look at that diagnostic tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. There's an error popping up in your report which may explain the audio fading. Due to the nature of this issue, it would be best to continue troubleshooting this live with our phone team. Please give us a call, our number can be found here.
Thanks Jeff you describe the problem exactly how it is. Chris