Answered

Sonos One basic controls

• 30 August 2018
  • 5 replies

I am a novice user - in fact I must shamefacedly admit I had never even heard of Sonos till I went shopping for a system to allow me to wirelessly listen to music from my analogue hi-fi system in other rooms. On the advice of the salesperson I ended up with a Connect and two Ones. I have set up the Ones (Standard setup) on my home wi-fi.
But I can't find any documentation about the most basic controls on the One. Nothing in the documentation that came in the box, nothing on the Android app, nothing on the Support page of the website (which is where one usually finds product manuals). Is there any?
My first few questions (I fear there will be more) are
* What are the touch controls on top of the One? I guess the one in the middle is a play/pause button, but what are the ones with four dots?
* What is the big button on the back for? When I push it the green LED on top turns red and starts to flash for a while, but so what?
* Is there a list of colours and patterns for the LED on top, that tells what they mean?
* Finally, how do you turn the thing off (short of pulling the plug!)?
Thanks for any advice available.
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 30 August 2018, 09:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Briefly...Buttons with dots ..Volume low/High either side... Middle play and pause , depends how long you press it ..short press stops the group that than One is part of … Microphone button stops Alexa listening to what is said 🙂 .. The button at the back is the reset/reconnect button to join a sonos system... Hope this helps... To turn it off unplug it 🙂
Thanks, Keith.
I'm sorry to hear there's no on/off switch, since the power point is in a corner under the desk. This will be a bit of a nuisance, but if that's the way it is, at least it's good to know about it. Thanks for filling me in.
I wonder why it's not documented anywhere. I guess it just shows that everybody else is smarter than I am ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Go to the following link where you will find a quick start guide and a manual.
https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/support/by-product
You can also control via a controller downloaded to your mobile device and/or computer. You can also control with your voice
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Forgot ... If you swipe your finger across the top it will skip tracks backward and forward … Or tell ALEXA to "SKIP" but I usually finish up swearing at her 🙂
Excellent. Thank you both.
I don't know why I didn't find the product manual before, but it's just what I need. Especially the product guide and description of controls, hidden under the + sign and then the menu icon at https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/support/by-product.