Sonos One and Airplay 2

Badge +1
Hi! My wife can’t play via Airplay 2 the Centr App (meditations sessions). It plays fine on Apple TV. Is there something, what we don't know, how to play it to Sonos One? When she choose the room (Bedroom), it's just a silence. I tried to help her, but I can't. No ideas, what we need to do. Please help with that. There's a ten - minute meditation of the night, which we would like to hear through Sonos One.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Hi. What Apple device are you playing from and which version of its OS is it running?
Badge +1
We play it with iPhone 7 and the iOS is the latest iOS 12.2
Also Sonos One is up-to-date.
Badge +1
So no one can answer?.
Question One: Is Airplay 2 working with Sonos One and iOS 12.2? I'm not sure about that anymore.
I bought my Sonos ones in a special that they would work also via Airplay 2 ... and now it's not working. And the worst thing that no one is going to answer the answer to my question.
I wouldn't think airplay 2 would be dependent on the version of the iOS. But anyway, do you have any other airplay 2 speakers in the house besides the Sonos One and AppleTV? If so, does Centr app work on those speakers?

Have you been able to send any audio (not from Centr app) to the Sonos One via airplay? Just to make sure, the volume on the Sonos One is off zero, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In my experience it's working fine. I'm using four different iOS devices of various ages, all running iOS 12.2. I'm sending AirPlay 2 to a couple of Sonos Ones and a few P:5s.

I assume you've tried rebooting the speaker and the phone? (Having said that, I've never needed to do so.)
Userlevel 7
Hi inspire

A couple of things to try (this assumes that the app can be recognized by Sonos) :?:

Assuming the pic of the app was taken from your iPhone 7 it shows “Get” . That indicates that the app has not yet been purchased and saved to your iPhone. Typically if already resident on your iPhone it would show “Open” or if accidently deleted you’d see the “download” cloud and arrow
If the above is not the case and you are positive the app is on your phone then go to: Settings > Scroll down to Sonos > Scroll down to iTunes Music & Podcasts > make sure the access button is set to Green

If none of the above helps I suggest you submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and contact Sonos Tech via phone or Twitter. FYI, Twitter is 24/7. Good luck!

Cheers!
Just a comment....Sonos isn't in charge of what apps can be "recognized". That's purely something in the iOS realm. There are some apps that can not use AirPlay 2, as they haven't implemented the new API properly.
Badge +1
It looks like it's the Centr App fault. I'm contacting with them, but can you tell me that key word that missing out there?
As it works via iPhone and via Apple TV it must be something specific?
Thank you who answered!
Badge +1
I sent request to Centr team to hello@centr.com on 23/04/2019

Hello, dear Centr team!
I'm returning to your part of a specific concern. First, let me to thank you for the excellent App. My wife uses it every day, and I'm happy for that. Now I'll get to the point, why am I writing to you. Everything works beautifully for iPhone and Apple TV. Meditation too. But we would like to hear the meditation before we fall asleep via Airplay 2 through in bedroom Sonos speakers. That part it seems like it doesn't work. Are you willing to make this thing developing so that it can work? I think it's a thing that might not be easy, I would have cooperation with this Centr App developer. What do you think about that?
Here's the link where I complained about my concern to Sonos:
https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/sonos-one-and-airplay-2-6823533
They answered:
--
There are some apps that can not use AirPlay 2, as they haven't implemented the new API properly.
--
I have no ideas, but if your developer is ready to help, we can move on.

Thanks already, what do you think!?

So far no response from them :-(
Yesterday I called to Sonos. I got from them the idea that this material could be Copy protection. Yes, and that could be an obstruction. They offered to pick up some resources to convert, for example, at the mp3 and then it would be heard. I appreciate your attention. Because it's important to me, I ll be able to contact again to the Centr app.