Answered

Sonos Move with 4x Sonos SL + Beam

• 3 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m considering of purchasing Sonos Move to be used outside every now and then. What I’m pondering is how it should be setup when not used outside.

Can I technically add Sonos Move to living room where there’s 4 x One SL + Beam? And does it make any sense?

How about to a room with 2 x One SL?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Chris 3 April 2020, 18:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You can place the Move in any room in your house.  Technically, the Move would be setup as it’s own room in the Sonos app, but you can group it with your other speakers as you wish.  I don’t think physically placing the Move in the same room as your other speakers is going to improve the sound quality though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yea the move can be placed anywhere you want it and “grouped” with any speakers you want.

One thing you will notice though is if you group it in the room with your Beam and SL’s if your watching TV the Beam will be a bit delayed in audio (talking milliseconds) but will create a little bit of stadium sound effect.

What your missing is the Sonos Sub - with the Beam and SL’s in that room the Sub would “i’m not exagerating” improve the sound 30-50%.