Question

Sonos Move Volume

• 17 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

I own multiple Sonos products and recently purchased the Move. Comparing the Move to the One SL's, the volume output of the Move doesn't seem to meet or exceed the volume of the One's. And before it's mentioned I don't have the volume limited on the S2 App (it's at 100%). Is this normal? Thanks in advance for any help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’ve just grouped a ‘One-SL’ with a ‘Move’ and they sound about equal in their volume to me - I set both initially at the same volume level 60% and gave them 6 feet separation (approx.) and I sat in the middle and slowly increased the ‘group’ volume up to 100% volume - neither device stood out as being any louder (or less loud) than the other in my initial test. I don’t believe I have any L/R hearing issues - but just in case, I swapped their positions ...and they seem to be on par with each other in terms of their volume level.

Perhaps others here will test these for you too, but the two seem fine (I will add that the SL had been TruePlay tuned and obviously the Move auto-tunes itself. The EQ Bass/Treble were left flat on each device in my brief test.