sonos move stuck flashing blue light

• 20 October 2019
  • 4 replies

my sonos move just has a flashing blue light. Nothing I do will shut it off or re set the speaker. It was working great. Now it is a brick...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Mine has done this as well. Any clues to what is going on?

Have you tried to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

It also may be worth reading the LED states FAQ.

Static Blue Status LED

Sonos Move has connected with a device in Bluetooth mode.

• If Move disconnects from a device, the light will remain solid blue.

Flashing Blue Status LED

Sonos Move is in pairing mode and available to connect with a device via Bluetooth

• To enable pairing mode, press and hold the Move’s Bluetooth/WiFi mode button.

The Sonos Move Buttons (Summary)

Power Button (Top)

• Off the charger-loop, a short press puts the Move into standby (or wake's it up). The Move falls into standby too (off it's charger-loop on WiFi) after 30 mins of inactivity. Simply opening the Sonos App (from fully closed state) on the same WiFi network will also wake-up the speaker.
  • A long press (5+ seconds) (off it's charger-loop) will turn off the Move completely.

Wifi/BT button (Middle)

• A short press will toggle BT mode/WiFi mode
  • A long press, when in BT mode, will enable BT pairing mode, to link a new mobile etc.

Join Button (Bottom)

• A short press will start pairing mode for Sonos Controller connection (initial setup of speaker only).
  • A long press will activate a snapshot button Diagnostic (you will see the LED switching colors, press the same button once more to get out of this mode), for example, while in Bluetooth mode you can trigger a Diagnostic in this way and reboot the 'Move' and submit a Diagnostic via the Sonos controller App.