Question

Sonos Move, Stereo pair - undocked?

• 8 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I currently have a Sonos Move, and use it primarily outside on my patio. It sounds good but I have a big backyard and would like to added volume. I’m considering buying a 2nd Move and setting them up in stereo. Any issues paring these in stereo when they are off the charging base? I know they can’t be paired in blutetooth mode, but I keep them on my wifi when outside, so that’s not an issue? 

Also anyone using 2 moves in stereo...any thoughts on the sounds when compared to just a single speaker in mono? Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It should work fine as stereo pair, undocked.  The dock is a charger only, it does not add any functionality other than that.   I would just make sure you have WiFi coverage for the locations where you want to place the move.

For a large backyard, you may want to consider using an amp with outdoor speakers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks Danny. Yes, Wi-fi shouldn’t be an issue as the Move I have now has no problems in the backyard location, and I would be putting the 2nd move about 8 feet from that. 

Userlevel 2

I have two in stereo pair, no problem with using them on battery power. There were some quirks with bluetooth in stereo pair, if I remember correctly, you can use only one in bluetooth mode after they are paired (you can not pair the other, I know that you can not use them together), but I like them very much. Move in stereo pair works much better than single speaker outside.