Question

Sonos Move standby power

• 26 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
We do not have an extra power outlet in our bathroom, so therefor I bought a Sonos Move.
When entering the room, people can then play some music.
Big question now is... what is the best process to follow to allow :
  • listen to music when using the bathroom
  • reduce the power as mush as possible when there is no-one in the bathroom
  • Have the largest possible autonomy as to reduce the number of times we need to charge the speaker (which has to be done in a different room of course)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I think the answer depends on how often people are in the specific bathroom in question. If a bathroom for guests only, I would leave it in the charging cradle most of the time, and just put it in the bathroom when guest come over. If it's a master on suite bathroom.perhaps you want to put it in there overnight so it's there when you get ready in the morning, but charge during the day. Or maybe its more of a general use bathroom, and you want to leave it in the bathroom during the day and charge at night.

Maybe it's just me, but although the Move's charge could last longer than day, especially if it's not in high use, I'd charge it daily just to establish a regular routine.
Since all power management is automatic and not adjustable, the only proactive thing you can do is set a volume limit so people cannot play it loud, thus increasing battery life.
The family and I currently use the Move in the bathroom too, but it’s charger loop is in the nearby main bedroom. So at night it gets moved to it’s charger and used for music (on a timer) and for an early morning alarm call ...and in the morning it gets moved off it’s charger, initially to the bathroom windowsill for use whilst we’re showering etc. or for using about the home and perhaps in the garden (when it decides to stop raining here in the UK).

I reckon I may really only need to charge the Move every other day or two even with prolonged use, but not really had the time to play with it properly at the moment.

The Move Battery seems to last really well, I find.