Answered

Sonos Move on SonosNet

I was curious as to why the Sonos Move isn’t connected to a SonosNet channel, was this done on purpose for better stability? 

I just learned today from another user on the Sonos reddit page that my Move isn’t connected to SonosNet via the boost. I never knew what WM: 0 meant under the About My System page on the Sonos app lol. 

About My System

icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 May 2020, 20:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Sonosnet mesh is optimized when the speakers boot up, and that optimization is dependent on the location of each speaker.  If you move a traditional Sonos speaker more than a few feet, you have to unplug it, and the optimization process is done again.  A Move is meant to move while still playing, so it cannot be on Sonosnet, lest the mesh become unstable due to the Move leaving its optimized location.  

The Sonosnet mesh is optimized when the speakers boot up, and that optimization is dependent on the location of each speaker.  If you move a traditional Sonos speaker more than a few feet, you have to unplug it, and the optimization process is done again.  A Move is meant to move while still playing, so it cannot be on Sonosnet, lest the mesh become unstable due to the Move leaving its optimized location.  

Makes sense! Thanks for the reply!