Answered

Sonos Move is temperamental - Are you doing anything about it?

I have seen lots of topics all around the same thing - Sonos Move not playing. This seems wrong to me for such an expensive product. Are Sonos looking into this and trying to determine what the bug is because it can’t be a coincidence that so many people have the same issue.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 June 2022, 12:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

The issue persists. I noticed following:

On a mac mini I use Apple Music… when I select my Sonos Move via Airplay, no sound! It disconnects after 4 seconds.

As soon as I use the play button on the sonos move, it plays the song from Apple Music but like independent from the App. The App shows me that the song didnt start to play and whatever I do there it has no effect on the move.

To be honest I dont get it!

No one else mentioned the issue occurring while using airplay, so it’s hard to conclude that you’re experiencing the same issue as reported in this thread.  Regardless,  it would be wise to contact technical support to look for a resolution as Corey recommended.

The 14.10 update fixed it for me.

Thanks Sonos for taking 2 months to solve the problem that you created (again).

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’ve also not had a reoccurrence of the Move stopping responding, since this 14.10 update.

(and, for me, it affected both attempts to play via Sonos App on phone and desktop, Airplay from phone or iPad, or even just tapping play on the Move to resume. I nearly always had to restart the Move to fix it.)

So, yes, it seems Sonos have fixed something that they broke. Though others report continuing problems, which assuming they do have the 14.10 update applied, means there may be other problems waiting to be identified and fixed.