Answered

Sonos Move in bathroom

• 30 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve seen a few similar questions on here but no clear answers. How moisture resistant is the Sonos move? Can it be used in the bathroom while taking a hot shower without sustaining any damage? The fan in our bathroom is broken so there’s a lot of steam/condensation

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 December 2020, 01:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos One is safe to use in a bathroom and it is far less water resistant than the Move. So I would imagine the Move would be safe even in a high humidity bathroom as long as it is not submerged in water. I’m not sure about the charging base though.

Badge

The Sonos One is safe to use in a bathroom and it is far less water resistant than the Move. So I would imagine the Move would be safe even in a high humidity bathroom as long as it is not submerged in water. I’m not sure about the charging base though.

I know the charging base is not, but I can’t find anything definitive about extreme humidity. 

freestyler0890,

The Sonos Move is IP56 rated:

An IP rating is an international standard that defines how effectively electrical enclosures resist intrusion from foreign elements, such as dust and liquids. The numbers that follow “IP” have specific meanings. The first ranges from 1-7 and defines the degree of protection from foreign elements, such as dust. The second ranges from 1-9 and defines the degree of protection from various forms of liquids, including sprays, drips, and submersion.

Move is rated IP56, meaning it is protected from very fine particles, such as dust, and heavy liquid splashing, including heavy rain and snowfall.