Sonos move dropping out.

• 5 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi community,

I bought a Sonos base to stop my speakers dropping out. Which is working. However my move, which I know it’s not on the same base network, continues to drop out. It defaults to the weak wifi signal. How do I change its default wifi to the stronger signal, which differs from the base/other speakers. 

thanks heaps 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @BellHead, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Move. You can try to do “find a missing product on the Sonos App, that’s when you go to settings > system> Find missing product>  and look for the Sonos Move, once it’s trying to connect, it will ask you to choose your Wifi network that you want to connect to, and set it up on that new wifi network. Please note that:

• Multi-SSID allows players to join SSIDs other than your original SSID and store each one.
  • Players can store up to 16 SSIDs that they have joined.
  • Sonos players can reconnect to any SSID in your list as long as they are in the range of the SSID and the stored credentials are still valid.
  • All players support Multi-SSID.
  • The ability to store and join multiple SSIDs and APs allows Move to roam between AP connections in the same geographic location.
  • In the case of multiple SSID in the same location, the Move will pick the best AP based on the Wireless Security (WPA2/WPA/WEP) then RSSI level (10 dB+).

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Simon B and thanks so much for taking the  time to reply. 

My Sonos move to happily connected, but to a poor quality wifi network. 

As a result, the “find missing product” approach isn’t an option. Unless I try a factory reset which I’ve done multiple times. It then keeps connecting to the same wifi each time...

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @BellHead, thanks for the update and the information you gave. About this concern, since you’ve factory reset your Sonos Move, it should connect to the Wi-Fi which has a better signal strength. You can submit a diagnostic report for us to check the signal quality that your Sonos Move is getting from your Wi-Fi networks. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.