Answered

Sonos Move, delay increases overtime

• 8 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Recently purchased a Sonos Move as “fill” for outdoors to supplement the patio speakers.

Over time (30 min plus) I notice that the Sonos gets out of sync (behind).  The longer the more behind.

Other wireless speakers (apple AX attached to a McIntosh amp and my Denon AVR) don’t fall behind.

Suggestions?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 March 2021, 03:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge

Airgetlam,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is WiFi connected and I have done a few power cycles.  

Per your advice, I’ll do the diag route and submit to Sonos.

I’m encouraged that nobody else has experienced this, I’m optimistic it can be remedied.

That’s odd, it shouldn’t be doing that. Have you tried a simple power cycle of the Move, forcing it to reboot and reload its software? I’m assuming it’s connected to your WiFi, and not Bluetooth.…

As a further step, if you’re willing to erase all data from it, I’d be tempted to do a factory reset of the device, and then set it up from scratch again.

The issue is a bit harder to ‘track’, since the other speakers are not Sonos speakers, but I’d still be tempted, after having an occurrence, to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. If there is, for instance, a chip failing inside, it is potentially possible it might show up in the diagnostic. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.