Question

Sonos Move Bluetooth unpair

• 29 June 2020
  • 5 replies

We have a Sonos Move that we both use on WiFi at home and Bluetooth when we take it out of the house.

We are 4 in our family and have many different devices (iPhones and iPads) that we like to use with the Move. This means that when we switch the Move to Bluetooth it will automatically connect to one of the paired devices within reach. The problem is that you need to unpair the paired device before you can pair another device. And sometimes it’s a drag to locate the currently paired device and either switch off its Bluetooth or erase the Move from its Bluetooth list!
Does anyone know if you can i.e. unpair all Bluetooth devices directly on the Move so we don’t need to waste our time locating the paired device? I have searched for this but haven’t found it.

Or is there another way to solve this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

See the following:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3570?language=en_US

Reconnecting Move with Bluetooth

By default, Sonos Move will attempt to connect to the most recent device it was paired with. Sonos Move can remember up to the last 6 devices it was connected to. By pressing and holding the Play/Pause button, Move will attempt to connect with the next most recently used device.

If Sonos Move was restored to factory settings and previously paired to your device, locate your devices’ Bluetooth settings and forget Sonos Move before pairing again.

See the following:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3570?language=en_US

Reconnecting Move with Bluetooth

By default, Sonos Move will attempt to connect to the most recent device it was paired with. Sonos Move can remember up to the last 6 devices it was connected to. By pressing and holding the Play/Pause button, Move will attempt to connect with the next most recently used device.

If Sonos Move was restored to factory settings and previously paired to your device, locate your devices’ Bluetooth settings and forget Sonos Move before pairing again.

Thank you for the link. However I can’t make it work. When I press and hold the play/pause button it just starts playing music instead of switching device...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for the link. However I can’t make it work. When I press and hold the play/pause button it just starts playing music instead of switching device...

I haven’t tried this myself, so I can’t be certain it works.

Just to check the obvious: the speaker needs to be in Bluetooth mode, and alternative previously-paired devices must be within Bluetooth range with Bluetooth enabled.

I haven’t tried this myself, so I can’t be certain it works.

Just to check the obvious: the speaker needs to be in Bluetooth mode, and alternative previously-paired devices must be within Bluetooth range with Bluetooth enabled.

Yes it’s always good to be detailed so you don’t make obvious mistakes :-)

I sat with two devices and the Move in front of me. Both paired with the Move and one of them was connected. When I pressed and held the play/pause button to attempt the switching, the music just started on the connected device (it started before I lifted my finger from the button). I tried several times and this happened every time.

So right now I’m guessing this function doesn’t work on my Move...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So right now I’m guessing this function doesn’t work on my Move...

I concur -- this function doesn’t work on my Move either. I tested with an iPhone and an iPad. Same experience as you.

What I did find, however, is that it was easy to switch connections smoothly from one Apple device to the other. 

In the Bluetooth settings menu on the device not currently connected, I just tapped on the Move and it connected immediately; the other device disconnected immediately without any intervention required. I could alternate quickly between the two Apple devices without any problems.

I wonder why you’re having to disconnect the currently connected device before being able to switch to another?

The Move is running the current S2 build (12.0.1).